Tuesday, September 23, 2008
No Port/ A little update
My oncologist called me this morning and discussed my case with his senior colleague who felt that due to the minimal lymph node removal (one on one side and two on the other) and only 4 cycles of chemo, that a port was unnecessary for me. He felt that the veins in my arm would be fine to use during this time, so at this point we will not be putting the port in on Friday. If we do decide that we may need onethere is still time to put it in as chemo will not be until the end of October. Sounds logical to me.