Tuesday, January 27, 2009



Over the course of the past 6 months I have met quite a few breast cancer survivors in person, on the internet and through my blog. One of the people I recently met is linked to my family but not of my immediate family. Lynn was diagnosed with breast cancer about one month after me. She has had a journey that I don't even know all the details of, but in the course of her 40 young years had had over 50 surgeries and has even had a kidney transplant. Lynn had the same plastic surgeon as me. We had talked on the phone, exchanged Christmas cards and she even came to visit me in the hospital when I was last in. She herself was also in just recovering from a mastectomy when I was in. This past weekend Lynn ended up in the hospital with a urinary tract infection and has died from complications from her hospitalization. She leaves behind a husband of only several years and a 16 year old son. Please say a prayer for Lynn and her family!

She is the first person I have known with breast cancer that has died,although she didn't die from breast cancer.

Life is short,cherish every moment and never take anything for granted!

4 comments:

The Barnes Crew said...

So sad, I'm so very sorry to hear this. Prayers for all!

Anonymous said...

Gail,
This is so sad! I am sorry for the loss, and that another sister lost her battle even though it wasn't cancer that took her life.

Thank you for the gift tonight. I just wanted to tell you look great. Keep doing what you are doing, and I will keep you in my prayers to finish your chemo. Also, I will pray for Lynn's husband and son, and extended family. It was great seeing you tonight. Talk to you when I get back from Indiana. Connie

Amber Schlaht said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Gail:

I am sorry for your loss. You have met so many wonderful women since your diagnosis. Women who have brought much to your life. I am sorry you have lost a friend. I will pray for you and her family.
Sharon