Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Since my diagnosis

I can't begin to tell you the people who have contacted me and supported me in the last 2 months. I have gotten emails from strangers who have shared their stories with me, given me advice and offered support. I have received phone calls from women who have had recent surgery by my surgeon and plastic surgeon and told me their stories. I have rekindled friendships and found new friends (it is a hell of a way to make new friends, let me tell you). I have gone out to lunch and dinner more times in the past 2 months than I have in a year (no kidding, everyone wants to do lunch/dinner and cocktails. How can I say no to that!!) and I can honestly say with some of my friends, we have laughed and kept laughing about this crazy cancer world I am entering. Different family and friends have supported me in different ways, some with advice, some with humor, some with a slap in the face or a kick in the butt , some with nothing more than being there in that particular moment. Thank you to everyone who has shown me love and support thus far! Your love, support, friendship and prayers will help me get through this. A special thank you my dear friend, Cathy, who has listened to every detail of my story and has always been there for me since the day I went in for my mammogram.
I am not one to sugar coat anything. I pretty much say what is on my mind. With that being said "I will be a survivor." I have no doubt that I will get through whatever is thrown in my path and will leave breast cancer in the dust."
I have created this blog to keep my family and friends updated during my treatment and also for my own mental sanity. I have learned so much from reading other breast cancer survivors blogs that I hope I can reach out to someone in return.

1 comment:

Ann Kittilstad said...

Gail,
Write and write often. It is very good to hear all you have to write, good for you and good for us!
Ann Kittilstad