Monday, September 29, 2008

Mixed mood today

I am in a mixed mood tonight. I did have one drain removed today (actually the one drain that was bugging the crap out of me) so that is a good thing. On the other hand, my discussion with Dr. John about where we go from here leaves me with mixed emotions. I won't get too graphic as I know of some followers of my blog that get a bit queasy with graphics LOL The area of tissue that has died was "larger than what is usually seen" according to the doc. What that means for me is my reconstruction will take approximately 6 months until finished, much longer than we had originally planned. My only other option is to have a skin graft (which is another major surgery) which will cut my reconstruction time in half and I would be finished 3 months earlier. I am not at all thrilled about another surgery and really do not think mentally or physically I can go through another surgery and chemotherapy at the same time. I am also thinking what if the skin graft does not work? What then? I don't think that is an option for me at this time. I will see him again in one week. He promises me that the remaining drain will come out then. If it doesn't I will be more than crabby!!! LOL

No comments: