Monday, November 17, 2008

Mondays/Work

I have always hated Mondays! I think I always will. Getting back into the work routine. Ugghh. Not that I have been overloaded with work responsibilites, as I have hardly been here the last 2 months. As John puts it it is a Monday morning hangover without the booze. LOL

I am back at the office this morning. I am trying to get back into my "other" job of medical transcription. I did some work over the weekend and should be getting back this week more regularly. I miss the work. There is something about typing up a complete medical report with no errors from a fast-taking radiologist with a southern accent that makes me feel as if I have accomplished something great. About a year ago when I first started with this company out of Texas, I was ready to throw in the towel two weeks into training, singing the blues to my boss that there was NO WAY I would ever figure out what these two doctors were saying. Let me tell you, they speak fast and slurry! It was so frustrating. I stuck with it and I have to laugh now because they sound so normal to me. My main account is radiology (mostly MRIs,CTs, ultrasounds and some general radiography) and my other account is from the Chattanooga Heart Institute-Cardiology. I love the cardiology account as well but do not work on it often, so it is a bit of a challenge for me, which I like.

Time to get going. The coffee cup is empty, and I am ready to go!
Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Mariela said...

Gail,

Happy Monday! I've been reading your blog for a little over a month now, but I've never commented. Anyway, I just wanted to say that you're such a strong and brave woman, and you inspire me. Your blog is the best, and so are you :)

Mariela