Monday, March 23, 2009

Goals and motivation

I have a few goals this year and one of them is to get back into the exercise routine. I faithfully did Jazzericise for many years until I went back to work full time and then my exercise regimen was shot to hell. I hate the treadmill, absolutely hate it. I would rather be forced to eat liver and wild duck than get on the treadmill. I have been walking outdoors up until September when I went through surgery and then chemo and well, the exercise just hasn't been a priority. Now that I am feeling great I started walking again and have walked for the past week and half every day,rain or shine. My motivation? Summer (Shorts,tank tops and swim suits) and the proven fact that exercise just makes for a healthier person overall. (not to mention 2 vacations this summer that require lounging by the pool in a swim suit)I can procrastinate and I have found the best thing for me to do is exercise first thing in the morning. I put my walking gear on first thing in the morning before I do anything. Then I have no excuse not to go! It works for me. Only in Wisconsin can you fully appreciate March weather when you walk outdoors. In the past week and a half, I have worn a light sweatshirt, no sweatshirt, long sleeves, short sleeves, thermal running coat, winter coat, mittens, no mittens, scarf,no scarf and long pants with tights and without. Sun, no sun, wind,no wind, rain (or was that snowflakes today) or no rain, I prefer to walk outdoors despite the weather!

Dinner tonight was a new recipe that was absolutely delicious. Chicken Stroganoff with a huge salad. We loved it.
Check it out http://fullbellies.blogspot.com/2006/06/chicken-stroganoff.html

No comments: