Sunday, February 22, 2009

Roxy!











Yesterday was a big day for us! We were able to bring home our new puppy. We were up early and out the door by 8:30 in the snowstorm to go pick her out. We were able to choose between 2 puppies. The day we picked up Sunny I saw a red fox lab that the breeder had at the time and I remarked that the next dog we were going to get would be a fox red. I love their color. They are so pretty! John took less than 5 minutes to pick out "the one." The deciding factors were her color and her quickness in attacking a dead bird. Hahahaha Really, the latter is true. She was really quick to pounce on the dead bird that John put out in front of her. I barely had to time to look at both of them and he had already decided. It was kind of funny. She slept all the way in the kids laps and had an extrememly busy day as about 15 people came over during the course of the day to see her. She slept pretty much during the day which had me a little worried we were in for a long night. We decided this time our dog was going to be crate trained the right way and the breeders said they had great luck with keeping the puppies in the same room as them while sleeping at night. We had a little crate we used and within 10-15 minutes of going to bed, the dog actually layed down and slept the entire night until 7 am this morning. I think it was a fluke! We never heard a peep from her. I was amazed. She was fired up and ready to go this morning, much more lively than yesterday. I think she was stressed and traumatized yesterday being taken from her litter mates. The funnniest thing she has done so far is finding her reflection in the dishwasher and thinking it is a puppy mate. She starts to bark when she sees herself. It is quite humorous! She is a cutie and we haven't laughed so hard in a long time with her antics. Stay tuned........
p.s. the cat is not liking the dog thus far!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gail,
I am glad you have a new addition to the family! I can't wait until we get our new addition. She is very pretty and a unique color. Have fun, and when things settle down, maybe I could come over and meet Roxy?
Hope you are feeling well?
Connie

Anonymous said...

Gail,
Roxy is very cute. Maybe we should get our puppies together for a play date. I think Roxy and Alabama would get along famously. The joy she brings to your home is much needed for all the Schim's. Can I schedule an appointment to come and see you all?
Sharon

Netherfieldmom said...

Thanks for sharing! Bet you're too busy to blog now! ;) Started Tamoxifen today--what about you??

Gail said...

I am getting my prescription next week for the tamoxifen. And yes, my free time is less with all this puppy business, but I don't mind. :)

Gail said...

Connie,
would love you have you come over to see Roxy!