Thursday, September 18, 2008

I am a new woman!

Holy smokes! What a difference a few days make. I am finally feeling like my head is attached to my body. I quit the pain meds and now only take Tylenol a few times a day. The nausea and dizziness are pretty much gone, and I am able to eat. We have been so thankful for all the food coming our way. Cooking really is the last thing I want to have to worry about so the meals are great. Thank you everyone!

I went for my first followup visit with the plastic surgeon. He removed one drain on each side which was no big deal. I felt a little burning at the incision site but nothing else really, just a sense of the drain uncoiling as it came out from inside. Those drains were the biggest pain in the butt as they were pretty close to my arm pit and very annoying, so I went home a happy girl. I see him on Monday again, and he thinks the other drains will come out as well.

My favorite past time has been watching The Young and the Restless which I really haven't seen in about 5 or 6 years since I went back to work full time. LOL

Hope you are all able to enjoy this beautiful weather today!!

1 comment:

Linda Mulholland said...

Gail-
I am so glad that nausea is gone and you are feeling better! I'll bet you have been sitting on your deck enjoying that sunshine yourself- that is when you are not watching Y & R - which is one of my secret guilty pleasures when I am not working too! ooops- not a secret anymore- See you very very soon!
Love, Linda